On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me a partridge in a pear tree.
Actually I didn't want to post about what Mr Husband gave me, or is potentially giving me, but about what i want to give to others. Sometimes the time leading up to Christmas flies past and we end up buying a random gift with little thought and spend the whole time watching them unwrapping it wishing we had tried harder.
So in an attempt to not be that uncomfortable individual, I have started to put serious thought into this years gifts (I am ahead as you know, but friends are sometimes trickier than family).
Rules & Ideas for buying a present for your best friend..
- Something to make them remember you in 50 years.
- Something that reminds them of the fun they had with you in the past.
- Something that shows you remember the “I love it so much… but its not a pay week.. maybe another time..”
- Something that reminds them of their own family.
- A journal for their thoughts (include a note of your belief in them in the cover).
- Some bling for the next girls night out.
- Be secret squirrel and get a baby photo of them, and one of their significant other, include it in a custom album.
- A case of her favourite wine.
- A charm for a charm bracelet (if she is inclined to wear one – if she isn’t and you get her one anyway you should question how well you know her).
- Talk to her parents and organise a framed wedding picture of them for her (particularly special if she has an upcoming wedding or a parent is deceased, not so much if they are divorced or she doesn’t have a close relationship with them).
- Maybe a voucher for the thing you know she is secretly to scared to do by herself (SCUBA, skydive, a pottery class, cake decorating..)