Monday 2 January 2012

Ah yes please…

me uk living room built in book shelves decorative ceiling molding traditional architecture modern furniture ikat rug blue barcelona chair bentwood cococozy

I love this room. It is totally fresh yet warm. The blue touches soften the cool white, and the natural timbers in the three statement chairs don’t go astray either. How great are those bookshelves? I love that they seem to just be floating, and as a result do not impede on that beautiful plaster cornice, not to mention the plaster details on the ceiling. The period features of the room almost seem to compliment to modern furniture, the Barcelona Chairs for example. I’m not sure I would have considered putting it all together and yet here it is, in all its beauty!
source: House to Home UK
Ms Lover
xx

No comments: